Quote of the month:

"It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, January 14, 2011

To Bake Or Not To Bake?

I’ve been doing a lot of soul-searching lately and have come to the distinct realization that I need an outlet for all these ideas pinned up inside of my head. Sitting idly by and using “being a  mommy” as a reason to put a few of my dreams on hold is not going to cut it anymore. My dad sent me a large box of goodies over the weekend (I was really touched, to say the least). It consisted of tons of baking equipment (i.e., spatulas, serving spoons, mixing bowls, baking cook books, baking pans, etc.), literally, all the things needed to bake until you drop.
I’ve enjoyed baking and cooking, ever since childhood; I have fond memories of licking the spoon while my mom poured the cake batter. Cookies and cakes for my family have been the norm, but I end up being the one who eats the better half of it, but nothing gets me going like being in the kitchen, mixing up something good for everyone. I’m sort of a food connoisseur, yummy food gets me excited, and I really want to find a way to put my passion for food to good use, while sharing my talents with others.
Writing about it is probably the only way that I am going to be able to quiet this idea in my head. So, get ready for it, Coming Soon to “jensjewels” a recipe sharing page for new and old recipes from my kitchen . Being up in the middle of the night thinking about what I want to cook has caused many restless nights, and I just want to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment