Quote of the month:

"It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Friday, January 14, 2011

It's A New Year

It’s a new year, and new day, and I am ready to start actively posting about my journey through this life. I have taken the, Chris Brogan, three word challenge, and decided that they will be Fitness, Focus and Fun.
Fitness: I will dedicate myself to losing 15 pounds and toning up my baggy, flabby arm and thigh muscles. I will force myself to give up soda, and start to drink more water. I will also give up beef and pork, and stick with chicken, turkey and fish. This will be hard at first, and it has proven to be just that, but I know the end result is totally worth it; I am ready and willing to devote myself whole-heartedly into this regime of diet and exercise.
Focus: It’s time for me to start thinking about where I want my career path to take me. I already own a home, but is it really the home I dream of living in forever?, absolutely not! I want a bigger home, with granite counter tops and crown molding, but who doesn’t? In order for me to do this I need to grab life by the horns and try to get my career started. I have taken enough classes to sit for the RE exam, but I need to get some studying done. As soon as I am ready, I am going to pay that $60 fee and get my Real Estate license. It’s time to make grown-up money.
Fun: I always say this every year…I’m going to do something fun, adventurous even, but I always spend the whole year sitting at home on my bum, not getting out and experiencing life. Well, you know what, I’m tired of sitting on my bum. This year I am going to travel. I know it’s a little cliché, but the first stop is Las Vegas baby! Once that’s out of my system, it’s off to bigger and better things. I already have a trip to Virginia in the works for May and who knows, maybe I’ll end up in Europe this year.
In essence these words are the three pillars that I am going to try, and I do mean try, to live by, whether I succeed is up to me, but if I don’t, it won’t be for lack of dedication.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment