Quote of the month:

"It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Oh The Holidays

So yesterday I realized how much I love my kids, I mean, I already know I love them unconditionally, but I went above and beyond yesterday. I decided to go to Toys'R'Us to purchase some toys for Christmas, which just happens to be one of my favorite holidays, since I came into some extra money. My daughter has been asking me for all types of electronics, so I figure she's at the age now where she wants to start experimenting with video games. I couldn't for the life of me remember where the store was, so I looked it up on my iPhone, and if you have one, you know it has this neat little feature that maps the location of your search destination. So, naturally, I did that, and started to drive. This has never failed me before, and it seemed to be leading me in the right direction, so I kept going. Once I got close to the destination, everything started to look familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on the exact location, I needed the last coordinates to pinpoint Toy'R'Us. This is where my iPhone hit an epic #fail. It kept telling me to get on the 215 heading towards Riverside, which I found out was not what I was supposed to do. I jumped on the 215 and hit traffic, but my little dot on the screen was telling me I was driving away from the store. I got off on the next exit and headed back towards the location where the store was on my screen, but I couldn't figure out where it was. If you live out here in the boonies, you know that some things are just really hard to find, because these are new developments, and haven't been mapped out correctly on GPS. After about 15 minutes of searching, and searching, and searching...I remembered that instead of getting on the freeway, there is a street that takes you along the side of the freeway to some hidden stores. I actually think I cut someone off when I realized where it was, just so I could turn before getting on the freeway. I was so happy to have finally found it, that I didn't even care how long it took me. Happy to report that I purchased a Leapster2 and a video game to go with. Despite the grueling journey, I think my daughter will be happy this Christmas. Jewel of the story...sometimes the iPhone really #sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment