Quote of the month:

"It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Monday, November 15, 2010

Be yourself

Sometimes I just sit back and watch others self-destruct because they are so concerned with trying to be someone they are not, and they try to keep up the facade, but deep down inside they know they are living a lie. It must be real hard to not be genuine, I wouldn't know, but it seems like it would take a lot if energy and effort. Working that hard to be someone else has to be painful, because you essentially have to really hate who you are, to want to be someone else. What has the world done to people to make them feel like they can't be anything like their true selves, to gain friendship and love. I don't want to put myself on a pedestal, but I try really hard to be true to me and no one else, because in the end all you have is who you really are. When the people you are trying to impress aren't around, who are you really? When I smile at you, it is because I truly mean it, and the same when I frown. When I laugh at your jokes, it's because I think they're funny, and the same when I don't laugh. When I hug you, it's because I love you or I am trying to comfort, when I don't it's because I need a hug. When I yell it's because I'm angry, and when I don't it's because I am truly hurt. I love all the emotions that embody me and make me the person I am and I wouldn't change for the world, or the promise of more friends. Jewel of the story...are you really who you want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment