Quote of the month:

"It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Feeling Very Unproductive

So, it has been one tough couple of days, I've been trying to come up with material for my book, but I have come up quite short lately. I usually let words run off my lips freely throughout the day, despite the fact that it annoys my husband, but for some reason I am drawing a blank lately. It could be that I can't seem to focus when I am at home, but even when I try to sneak in a chapter or two at work, I get a big fat nothing. I got discouraged last week when I realized how much research this book was going to require, so I have been trying to come up with fillers until I can take a trip and get some authentic material first hand. I would have to actually travel to Louisiana if I want my book to have any shred of credibility once I start sending it to agents or even publishers. Considering traveling right now is completely out of the question due to finances, I am left to my own devices, my vivid imagination, dreams and accounts from what I see on TV and the internet. That just isn't going to cut it though, because I am somewhat type-A and would be rather embarrassed to let anyone read anything that I wasn't 100% satisfied with. So I shall truck on in the hopes of finding more material for my book, minus travel to the southern part of the US. Jewel of the story...don't let yourself get discouraged, because it will affect your ability to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment